Friday, December 24, 2010

Holiday Sugar Rush

I usually stick to cakes and cookies but I was inspired by too much Cupcake Wars!

French Vanilla Cupcake with Italian Meringue Buttercream


More of the same...

Red Velvet cake with traditional buttercream


Red velvet cake with traditional buttercream

The santa cuppies were a LOT of fun and had a great wow factor! I've been lurking at Cake Central quite a bit and some of the creations there are amazing, very inspiring! All of the cupcakes were baked using the White Velvet Cake recipe found at Cake Central, basically a heavily doctored cake mix recipe. I used french vanilla creamer/pudding for the flavors. The red velvet was a total experiment as I had no chocolate creamer/pudding on hand, so I used Hershey's cocoa and a vanilla pudding, and made the "creamer" out of hot cocoa mix, LOL. Came out great!

Next post, knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment