Friday, December 31, 2010

Recap 2010....Dreams of 2011

I may not have blogged all year, but I was busy! A few of the things I completed:
Baby Quilt


Cake!


Sahara's Dream had opened an Oregon Art Beat segment on our own fabulous Natasha Bacca!

and more cake....

I think this is my best work so far!

Love the Mickey!

2010 was a truly mixed bag...Good things happened and hard things happened.  Overall, I'd have to say it was more hard than good. Perhaps that's why I'm excited about New Years - A chance for a year with more good than hard.

I'm no resolution keeper, but I do have goals for this year:
  • Get my GPA back up. I crashed and burned Winter term 2010...taking 5 terms with no break was not the smartest thing I've ever done. By the middle of the term, I was so overdone it wasn't funny. Grades slid badly and I barely finished. Took Spring and Summer terms off, and hit it again last term and finished with a 3.37 GPA. I'd like to get it back up to 4.0....but I'd settle for 3.5!
  • Suhaila Salimpour Level II prep and ....maybe..... testing for the level in August. If you don't know about her bellydance format...imagine being a couch potato and signing up for a triathlon. That's a bit extreme - but so is the format! All isolations up to full time - twice as fast as was required for level I. So....learn something really hard....then learn to do it twice as fast! It's a big leap...
  • Keep knitting - even if it's plain boring projects. It keeps me sane and makes me happy.
  • Regain health - work on reducing my blood glucose levels, cholesterol, and other health issues through diet and prescribed supplements/meds. Resist the sugar demon.
  • Dance solo more often. I choreograph/train fabulous dancers, I direct an award-winning troupe (http://www.saharasdream.com/).... and I rarely dance solo. Time is a big factor...and if I'm honest with myself, I hate the way I look in costume and that's a big factor. I need to just "do it"
  • That leads me into my last goal: Avoiding procrastination. I've heard it called "failed perfectionism - if you can't do it perfectly, don't do it at all." No bueno. Don't like that - so why do I do it?
Goodbye (good riddance?) 2010.....Welcome 2011, a year of no regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment