Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday check in

I've been too busy to take pictures or think up anything interesting to write about. School and dance are in full swing - with pesky work thrown in to make it interesting.

Holding steady with a B in anthropology. The first week's quiz, I felt well prepared....and wasn't. The second week I tried preparing differently....and had pretty much the same result:  B. By the time I figure out what she's really after...the term will be over. I'm okay with a B...I'm just a bit of an overachiever and if it's not an A, I'm not satisfied. Considering how busy I am and how much reading is involved in this class - I can be very satisfied with a B, thank you.

Math continues to hold well and as of yet, my head has not exploded as I expected. Let's keep it that way, shall we?

Baktus is finally over 50%. My plans were to immediately cast on for a second, striped one....but I've been so annoyed with the knots and snaggles in this skein of Noro I'm having second thoughts since I'd planned on using another colorway in Noro Kureyon sock I have in stash....We'll see. Perhaps I'll do some other sock yarn from stash.

Danced a solo at the Guild showcase over the weekend, and was happy with the results. If the video comes out decent, I'll link to it.

Health: Noticing I'm not exhausted constantly...not hungry constantly either. Lost a bit of weight. Sleep well and not needing a nap just to make it to 9 p.m. Good things must be happening, eh?

Let's hope so.

2 comments:

  1. So much of quiz-taking is psychology, and it bugs me! It IS all about figuring out what the teacher wants and trying to anticipate what she/he will ask. The psychologizing can be rather exhausting really.

    My A&P lab instructor is super tricky, so I prepare by asking myself: what is the most obscure muscle/function/etc we have learned? Because that is always on the quiz or test. I might not know everything, but if I know the most obscure points, I'll be okay. It took a couple of exams (and missing 10 points or so) for me to figure this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back on here. I have been meaning to write and then just have gotten myself too busy to do it. So doing it now. Happy to see you, happy to hear such wonderful things. So glad to know that you are doing well. XXOO

    ReplyDelete