Sunday, September 4, 2011

Whatcha Readin'?

In the car - for breaks and lunches, I'm reading Unknown by Rachel Caine

Unknown (Outcast Season, Book 2)

It's a spin off series from her Weather Warden series. I've a confession...I couldn't get into the Weather Wardens.  I didn't really plan on reading THIS series because of it, tho I've liked the Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine quite a lot. It was a case of "I'm desperate for a book and here is a book and I guess this is the book I'm going to read cuz I'm desperate and this is the only book here."

You know,  a book crisis. I get edgy when there's no book. I NEED books, like some people need chocolate, or yarn, or their workout. Or, Air. Yeah, that's the best comparison...I need books like I need air.

So far, I liked book one well enough to go ahead and read book 2. So far, so good.

On the nightstand, there's Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

Wicked Appetite

It's light, it's funny, it's been the perfect book to keep me company when I can't sleep because Jodie's visiting family in Lousiana. With Evanovich's trademark humor, I've laughed out loud a couple of times...which isn't easy to get me to do with a book.

I've resisted the Kindle/Nook movement for an entire year now. It's been dangled in front of me at holidays and birthdays, and so far, I've continued to say "no thanks". I think they're great, don't get me wrong. But I love holding the book and turning the pages. It's just a weird thing I have.

Not sure what's next on the book agenda. I have a decent "to read" list on Goodreads...but I'm a "run to B&N and grab a book because I don't have one" kinda gal and Bend, Oregon is seriously lacking many things, including a lot of great books I'd like to read. But a trip to Powell's is coming mid month and hopefully I'll be able to bring home some new favorites...

No comments:

Post a Comment